Friday, February 10, 2006

Disappointing

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with Garth today - not for taking a stand about Emerson. That I applaud.

Garth said on CTV that he believes what is said in caucus should be private. In the next breath, he details pretty much everything that happened in caucus.

From his blog today - "Speaking of offices, after today I’m expecting the Whip will be assigning me a renovated washroom somewhere in a forgotten corner of a vermin-infested dank basement in Ottawa. That should go well with my seat in the House of Commons that will be visible only during lunar eclipses.Uh-huh. That kind of a day. This one MP came face-to-face with the party machine in a series of unhappy meetings including one tonight with the prime minister. I think it is now safe to say my career options within the Conservative caucus are seriously limited."

6 Comments:

Blogger Lord Kitchener's Own said...

Yeah Garth. How dare you say the same things after the elction as you did before. You're in government now, grow up and start breaking promises and bending commitments and playing the game the way it's meant to be played. Didn't you learn anything from the Liberals?

Didn't you get the memo?

12:34 PM  
Blogger pale said...

Lordy - If you even read my post you would know that I support his right to his position and his right to say it.

Hope his constituents voted for Garth and not the Conservative candidate in the riding of Halton.

2:10 PM  
Blogger "Expert" Tom said...

"..grow up and start breaking promises and bending commitments and playing the game the way it's meant to be played. Didn't you learn anything from the Liberals?"

Glad you've finally seen the light on how bad the Liberals were. Welcome LKO

2:54 PM  
Blogger Les Mackenzie said...

I wonder if Garth will cross the floor or stand as an independent... I also wonder if he'll stand in a by-election?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Lord Kitchener's Own said...

Sorry Pale, I was actually aiming that more at doug than at you!

"expert" Tom, Just for the record, I realized long ago that the Liberals were this bad, and haven't voted for them since before Martin was PM, but Tories always seem to think if you're attacking them, you're supporting the Liberals. Not always so. Although I don't like the Tories' stance on most issues, I did at least console myself with the idea that Ottawa would be run differently under their watch.

These days I'm not so sure that's true. We'll see.

3:50 PM  
Blogger "Expert" Tom said...

LKO, my appologies, calling someone a Liberal is the worst insult and I shouldn't do it unless I am 100% sure :-p

Also note that I share your reservations and hope that this is the first and last move of this kind by this government.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home