Thursday, April 13, 2006

Godfrey Knows Whats Good For His Health

John Godfrey bowed out of the Liberal leadership yesterday. He has sited health concerns as the overriding factor for his decision to not run. The Toronto Star reports in this article:
MP cites health concerns for bowing out of Liberal contest
But they then go on to state:
It was an unsettling development for the 63-year-old politician, who swims most Saturday mornings and in the winter occasionally skates to Parliament Hill along the Rideau Canal.
We finally get some hint at what is wrong with his health a little later on in this quote:
Godfrey, who served as cities minister, said he hasn't been feeling "100 per cent" since returning from a family vacation in Mexico after the Jan. 23 election.
So what is this mysterious illness? My guess is that he started feeling a little concerned about his health after talking with Joe Volpe's cheif organizer:
We are creating a strong national team. Godfrey knows that a Liberal party leadership bid led by Joe Volpe is a threat to him in the next leadership election. You talkin' to me?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to sum up, you're accusing Godfey of lying about personal health matters and slinging racial slurs at volpe? nice post.

12:56 PM  
Blogger "Expert" Tom said...

Anona-mouse,

to sum it up, I am making a humorous (as in not serious or factual in content or inference)post about a comment that Volpe's campaign manager made a few days ago.

I am making no more a 'racial' slur (although I'm not sure 'Italian' is a race, maybe its an ethnic slur at best) than almost every Italian makes about themselves. I mean you don't even know if I'm Italian myself. You could have just put down my whole culture for not allowing me to speak freely about matters that directly affect my 'race', ethnicity, or culture. (again, that is humour, look it up).

Of course its easy to scream 'racism' at every turn, its just harder for you to be taken seriously.

1:47 PM  
Blogger pale said...

I am also offended - you are starting to go downhill "Expert" Tom - you missed being sexist and homophobic. Probably should have some anti-global warming stuff too!

We do have high standards here at Also Canadian!

5:48 PM  
Blogger alsocanadian said...

Ya can always tell when a Liberal has no good comeback or is losing an argument...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

I'm torn between supporting Rae or Volpe - they both bring so much (i.e. voters) to the (CPC) table.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous site said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home