Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Captain's Quarters

This is a fictional account of a sea Captain who one day discovered some quarters in the crack of his couch:

There was once a Captain who found some quarters while cleaning his couch. He said to himself "I think I'll call these quarters "the Captains quarters", because I am a Captain, and these quarters now belong to me".

The Captain loved his quarters. He played with them every day.

One day, Judge Gomery of the Canadian Government Sponsorship Inquiry told the Captain "I have banned your Captain's quarters. You must surrender all your quarters immediately to me. If you do not, you will be charged."

The Captain reluctantly gave his quarters to the Judge. He was very sad to have lost his "Captain's quarters", and thought "I hope he doesn't ban my Captain's loonies!"

The Captain then sadly retired to his Captain's quarters, where he sat and polished his loonies.

The End.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I sense some kind of hidden meaning in that story, I cant quite put my finger on it...
Oh well, back to searching for the name of that American blog that revealed the hidden adscam testimony. ;-)

JP

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess there's not much point in throwing my two cents in. After all, quarters are worth so much more.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back up and running. I love living in a state where public expression is subject to a public media ban.

God... Wait we're not allowed to use that word either... Chairman Martin Bless Canada.

Les
www.thecomputergeeks.ca

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quarters? Loonies? I haven't had change in my pockets since the liberal's took office and started picking them.

Tom

12:39 PM  
Blogger alsocanadian said...

Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked my "The Captain's Quarters" story. It is soon to be released as a made for T.V. movie.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Expat said...

Judge Gomery must have been making a profit off of the Captain's quarters for every one of the Captain's quarters was worth 31ยข Canadian.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed an interesting detail in the story:

Being a dutiful captain, after retrieving the quarters he went to record the time and particulars of the incident in his log book. However, to his consternation he found that his log book was so full there was no room in it to enter a complete record. With a brief sigh he retrieved the blank log book he had kept on hand for this eventuality and recorded the incident as the first entry. To distinguish his original log book, the one that was now complete, from the new one that he was now using, he labelled the orginal his Alog and the new one his Blog.

Thus it was that the Captain's Quarters became the first entry in his Blog.

5:18 PM  
Blogger alsocanadian said...

Yeah tooter, sort of a "captainsquartersblog" as it were...

8:00 PM  
Anonymous idssinfo said...

Gosh, there is so much useful data above!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home