Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Why DID the Liberals Pick Jan 23rd?

Maybe because of this?

"Low income families with kids and some senior citizens may find their bank account a little larger.

The federal government is delivering it's Energy Cost Benefit this week. The one time tax exempt payment is intended to help alleviate high energy costs.

The benefit ranges from 250 dollars for families getting the National Child Benefit Supplement to 125 dollars for single seniors on the Guaranteed Income Supplement."

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

The heat rebates in Ontario were only given to those on National Daycare and low income seniors, but the seniors have to match a certain criteria.
Let me tell you the daycare workers themselves are on the National Daycare list!
Screw the people, put in Liberal!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Shawn Petriw said...

When my wife and I received the cheque in the mail, the first thing we thought of was "isn't that convenient?"

Maybe our cynicism is only because we're voting Conservative.

But I wonder how many others with voting intentions other than ours will look at the cheque cynically?

sp

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good! It will help pay for my Conservative election donation!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know me and my wife thought it was very convenient as well.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home