Saturday, December 09, 2006

Harper Takes Lead From Alsocanadian...Again!

Remember this post dated March 11, 2005?

“I’m not a lumberjacques or a courrier du bois.
And I don’t live in a log cabin or eat pea soup or own a Jetta.
And I don’t know Pierre, Francoise or Marie from Quebec, although I am certain they smoke and drink wine.
I have a Premier, not a Prime Minister; I speak English and French, but only French to the English; and I pronounce it “a peu pres presque sur le point de ca et la plus ou moins autour de vers” not “about” or “a boot”.
I can proudly wear my “fleur de lis” on my license plate when I drive to the depanneur, I believe in peace keeping-I will keep the peace if you give me what I want; diversity, not assimilation (except for those pesky Quebec Anglos!); and that poutine is a truly proud and noble food.
A toque is a toque, a chesterfield is a canape, and it is pronounced “Quebecois”, not “Quebecker” or “Qwibecker”.
Quebec is the largest francophone land mass, the first nation of real hockey, and the best part of North America! My name is Joseph, and I am Quebecois.”

There ya go. A people...within a united Canada!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently he doesn't know you are though.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2006/12/19/harper-motion.html

2:37 AM  
Blogger Zorpheous said...

Merry Christmas Dude!

Zorph

12:49 AM  
Blogger alsocanadian said...

Right back at cha zorph!

10:20 AM  
Blogger alsocanadian said...

Glen, the only important thing is that they know who they are...

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home